Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Aaron Tippen with the Troops ~ Again!!!


Country music singer Aaron Tippin puts his microphone up close while Lufkin, Texas native Spc. Ross Gray, a generator mechanic with the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, plays his new acoustic guitar at the Camp Liberty Post Exchange in western Baghdad. Gray won the autographed guitar in a drawing during Tippin's concert for the troops.
Photo by PFC April Campbell, 27th Public Affairs Detachment

Country music artist Aaron Tippin performs a Thanksgiving concert on Contingency Operating Base Speicher, Tikrit, Iraq, November 22. More than 900 Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, Sailors and civilians attended the event.

Photos by Spc Eric Rutherford, 115th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment


If it is Thanksgiving, Aaron Tippen is entertaining our troops. Last year, he was in Afghanistan. This year, he was in Kuwait and Iraq. The pictures are from concerts in Baghdad and Tikrit.

Tippen began entertaining the troops with Bob Hope in 1990 in Saudi Arabia. He not only entertains the troops in the war zones, he takes their stories to his concerts at home.

“I tell (the audience) what I saw,” Tippin said. “I tell them just how much they are doing over here and how much good they are doing.”

Tippen stayed after each concert until everyone in line had an autograph. Thank you, Aaron Tippen for taking care of our troops!!!


Don't you just love his outfit???!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the music!





5 comments:

Cajun Tiger said...

I was so bummed that I had to miss his show on Liberty due to having late duty that night, but I have no doubt it was a great show!

Wade Huntsinger said...

I have always liked Arron, as he was a truckdriver before his big break. His music speaks to me. I don't think any other artist has done more.

Sarge Charlie said...

I did enjoy the music.

Buck said...

Country music (seemingly) is the sole-source of unabashedly patriotic music today. And this tune from Aaron is better than most, IMHO.

re: Don't you just love his outfit???!!!!!!!!

Well, sorta. He needs to turn that freakin' ball cap around. Other than that... ;-)

Flag Gazer said...

OOPS - I forgot the classic outfit picture! I love the camo pants with his boots!!! ROFL!